I’ve been on a roasted veggie kick recently. I’m not sure why, but I can’t seem to get enough! I used to make Honey Lime Roasted Veggie Quesadillas with pepperjack cheese before I became vegan. I’ve adapted that recipe by replacing the honey with agave, the pepperjack with Daiya, and regular sour cream with Tofutti Vegan Sour Cream. The vegan version is just as tasty! Feel free to add in your favorite veggies and toppings.
1 red pepper
1 yellow onion
1 yellow squash
3 garlic cloves
1 cup of frozen corn
1 Meyer lemon
3 tablespoons agave
Daiya Pepperjack cheese
Tofutti vegan sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Chop the red pepper, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash into small chunks. Thinly slice the shallots and garlic cloves. Place all the chopped veggies and the frozen corn in a roasting pan with sides.
- Juice the limes and lemon. Add agave and stir with a whisk. Pour the agave juice mixture over the veggies and toss so they are well coated.
- Roast the veggies for about 30-40 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, place a tortilla on a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle an even layer of Daiya pepperjack cheese on the tortilla. Don’t use too much cheese. Let the Daiya melt on the tortilla, and then place the tortilla on a plate.
- Toast a second tortilla without cheese. It helps if the tortillas get a little crispy on the skillet because it will make the quesadilla easier to eat (and tastier!).
- Place a layer of veggies on the first tortilla on top of the Daiya. Sandwich the second toasted tortilla on top.
- Cut the quesadilla into quarters and top with vegan sour cream and fresh salsa.